ResourSEAs SrL is recruiting a Process Engineer. This is a fixed-term one-year position with concrete possibility for renewal and final stabilization. The brilliant young candidate will benefit of competitive salary and opportunity to grow within the Technology Innovation division of a dynamic company involved in H2020 projects (e.g. www.searcularmine.com, www.rewaise.com).
Annual gross salary will be in the range of 21.000-28.000€, depending on qualifications and experience.
Provisional starting date: February/March 2021.
Location: The selected candidate will be working from the ResourSEAs offices in Palermo, Sicily (Italy). Some national and international mobilities will be required.
Company profile: ResourSEAs is a young innovative start-up company and recipient of various awards, including the prestigious National Prize for Innovation 2016. The core business of ResourSEAs is the development and application of novel technologies for the valorization of natural and industrial brines towards the sustainable production of fresh water, minerals and energy (for more information check http://resourseas.com/).
Job Overview: The selected candidate will report to the Innovation Manager and will be involved in the activities related to Technology Innovation. She/he will be asked to join a small group of people, demonstrating team-working capabilities. She/he will operate in the context of international research projects, in which the ResourSEAs technology will be implemented on a prototype scale. The main focus will be on the production of magnesium compounds from waste brines, application of electro-membrane processes to the valorizations of brines, desalination and process modeling. She/he will be also asked to perform field and laboratory experimental tests.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform process analysis and design;
• Conduct technological surveys and market analysis;
• Interact with customers and suppliers;
• Carry out experimental activities on laboratory equipment and in the field;
• Produce and analyze data;
• Process data and present results using standard office tools;
• Explain the outcome of work done (and value thereof) to colleagues during project meetings with international partners.
Ideal candidate profile:
• Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
• Be capable of translating knowledge into mathematical models and implementing them in simulation platforms;
• Be capable of using computational tools for simple and complex systems design;
• Demonstrate a good understanding of technologies in the field of interest for ResourSEAs;
• Be familiar with the design and construction of experimental set-up and data processing/analysis.
• Be familiar with use of experimental set-up and data processing/analysis.
Candidates shall hold a first-class master’s degree in one of the following sectors:
• Chemical Engineering;
• Environmental Engineering;
• Mechanical Engineering.
A previous work experience is not mandatory. However, candidates with hands-on experience in the field of chemical and process engineering, design & prototyping activities or R&D in new technologies will be preferred. Previous experience with modeling tools will be also beneficial.
The candidates should be fluent in English (both spoken and written). Proficiency in Italian is preferred.
Valid EU work permit.
Candidates are invited to submit their CV and motivation letter to the following email address, specifying “job opening” in the subject line: